By Matthew Hacke
There’s no better way to ring in the new year than with a new car! These local dealerships show us the vehicles you’ll want to drive away with in 2018.
The 2018 Pittsburgh International Auto Show
General Admission (17+): $12
Seniors (65+) & Military: $10
Children (6-16): $6
Children Under 6: Free
+ Everyone gets half-priced admission on Monday, February 19!
From February 16-19, the David L. Lawrence Convention Center will host the 2018 Pittsburgh International Auto Show! The four-day event showcases over 35 of the hottest brands of cars, trucks, and SUVs on the market. Make sure to stop by the venue’s “Galleria Exotica,” which will feature vehicles from brands like Ferrari, McLaren, Lamborghini, and even a rare 1,200 horsepower Hennessy Venom GT and Henry Ford III’s personal Ford GT. Plus, bring the whole family and enjoy celebrity appearances and autographs, local sports mascots, interactive simulators and exhibits, and so much more! Pittsburgh International Auto Show, pittautoshow.com.
+ Dancing with the Cars
On February 15, the Greater Pittsburgh Automobile Dealers Foundation (GPADF) will host Dancing with the Cars. This annual charity event gives attendees an exclusive sneak peek at the 2018 Pittsburgh International Auto Show, while raising funds for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Charities — Autism Society of Pittsburgh and Allegheny Valley School. Last year’s PVGP and Dancing with the Cars raised $405,500! Tickets include two free drinks, access to seven bars and six gourmet food stations, entertainment by two bands, and of course, a special look at The Auto Show! For tickets and more information, visit dancingwiththecars.org.
2018 INFINITI QX50
Cochran Infiniti Galleries
2018 Infiniti QX50
Hitting the market in February 2018, you’ll want to take home the 2018 Infiniti QX50 as soon as it makes its way onto the lot!
- Complete redesign of the interior and exterior
- The world’s first, publicly available variable compression ratio engine, which is designed to both boost performance and reduce fuel
Incredible Driving Assistance
QX50’s ProPILOT Assist suite includes:
- Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, which monitors distance and closing speed to the vehicle ahead, as well as detects pedestrians in the path of the vehicle
- This feature also provides audible and visual warnings, and is capable of bringing the vehicle to a complete stop in some cases to help fully avoid contact
- Distance Control Assist, which maintains set distances selected by the driver by pushing back the acceleration pedal when the vehicle ahead is closer than the preset distance
- Lane Departure Prevention and Active Lane Control, which uses a camera to monitor the QX50’s position in the lane
- Lane Departure Prevention can go as far as easing the driver back into their lane, if it senses movement without signal
- Active Lane Control can help drivers maintain their lane during windy conditions or on uneven roads
2018 AUDI Q5
Audi Pittsburgh, A #1 Cochran Premier Brand
2018 Audi Q5
One look — and test drive! — of the fully redesigned 2018 Audi Q5 and you’ll see why it is the most awarded Audi SUV model on the market.
Driving Made Easy
- 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission with a manual shifting mode
- The “Traffic Jam Assist” feature will make rush hour on the Parkway a breeze! It provides gentle acceleration, braking, and steering guidance between 0 and 40 mph. The feature also evaluates road congestion with assistance from the vehicle’s on-board radar sensors and cameras.
- The virtual cockpit includes a 12.3-inch, full-color display that will show your full navigation map by using Google satellite imagery
- Audi Smartphone Interface allows access to compatible smartphone’s features, such as navigation, phone, music, and select third-party apps.
- 5-Star Safety Rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- 2017 IIHS Top Safety Pick
- NWAPA Best SUV Award
2018 s560 S-Class
Bobby Rahal Automotive Group: Mercedes-Benz of Pittsburgh
2018 S560 S-Class
Packed with new, luxurious additions, stay up on automobile industry trends with some of the best safety technology features around.
- Hot-stone massaging seat
- 64 interior ambient lighting options
- An air balance fragrance system and energizing comfort
- Burmester high-end 3D surround sound
- mbrace ® concierge service for restaurant reservations or tickets for sporting events
- “Energizing Comfort Control,” which syncs up stereo, interior lighting, climate control, seat massages, and ventilation to six different “Comfort Wellness” preset programs
- Adaptive cruise control
- Steering assist
- Emergency stop assist
- Lane change assist
- Speed limit assist
- A route-based speed adaptation system that can reduce speed based on map data
- “Pre-Safe Plus,” inflates the seat bolster when an impact is detected. The feature moves the passenger up to 2.75 inches away from the crash zone and the Pre-Safe Sound will omit an interference signal in an effort to prevent hearing loss.
- Brake assist with cross-traffic function
- Evasive steering assist
- Blind spot assist
- Lane keeping assist
- Park assist
- Car-to-X communication
Bobby Rahal Automotive Group: Mercedes-Benz of Pittsburgh, mercedesbenzofpittsburgh.com.
2018 lexus RX-350
2018 Lexus RX-350
Already the No.1-selling luxury vehicle in the country, the 2018 Lexus RX-350 comes equipped with state-of-the-art components that set it apart from the rest.
Technology at the Forefront
- The Lexus Enform Remote mobile app lets you lock and unlock doors, start the engine and climate controls, find your vehicle in a parking lot, and monitor guest drivers
- With the touch of a button, you can remotely check the status of your vehicle’s doors, windows, moon roof, trunk, and hood, as well as the vehicle’s current fuel level, odometer, or trip mileage
- The vehicle’s heads up display (HUD) projects images forward of the driver, speed limit, current speed, navigation info, gas, and lane keep assist
- The vehicle’s voice commands give you the ability to control many features in the RX-350 navigation, radio, phone, and temperature, all the while keeping your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road
Rohrich Lexus, rohrichlexus.com.