By Matthew Hacke | Photographs by Michael Fornataro
Whether you’re working out or going out on the town, we’ve compiled comfortable, transitional outfit options for any occasion.
You’ll be up to par and hitting the links in style with these ensembles from Gals On and Off the Green.
Make your transition from the gym to the grocery store — or even to girls’ night! — a breeze with athlesiurewear from urbanfitco.
urbanfitco., 412 Beaver St., Sewickley. 412.259.8709. urbanfitco.com
Photographs from urbanfitco
Transitional Tennis Shoes
Rock the jock look with athletic-inspired footwear to take on the trails or pair with fashionable jeans and tees.
Little’s Shoes, 5850 Forbes Ave., Squirrel Hill. 412.521.3530. littlesshoes.com
Photographs from Little’s Shoes
A Makeup Bag of Tricks
Higher temperatures and humidity levels can sometimes put a damper on our favorite summer looks. So we asked three local salons for the best beauty products to keep everything in place.
Easy On the Eyes & Hair
Sandy DiGregory, manager of Jeffrey Smith Salon, tells us the eye and hair care items that will keep you looking and feeling refreshed and rejuvenated during the warmer months ahead.
1. Nerium Eye-V Moisture Boost Hydrogel Patches, $40. Applying these patches weekly provides targeted moisturization to help soften the eyes and skin, and reduce puffiness.
2. Nerium Age-Defying Eye Serum, $60. Applying this serum twice daily immediately reduces the appearance of wrinkles and dark circles, while also smoothing out the skin.
3. Kérastase Aura Botanica Nourishing Oil, $32.
4. Kérastase Aura Botanica Essence Oil Mist, $36.
5. Kérastase Aura Botanica Shampoo, $36.
6. Kérastase Aura Botanica Conditioner, $37. This set is ideal for dull and devitalized hair — giving you fresh and voluminous hair for sunny days ahead!
Jeffrey Smith Salon, 5806 Bryant St., Highland Park. 412.441.1440. jeffreysmithsalonpittsburgh.com
Best Face Forward
Wake up to radiant skin every day this summer with the Aveda tulasra Wedding Masque Overnight and Aveda tulasra Wedding Masque Overnight Eye. As Kristen Peckich of La Pomponnèe Beauty Artisans tells us, overtime these skincare products help to even skin tone and diminish dark spots. Working during the night — a key time for natural skin repair — the ultra-rich, 97% naturally derived masques smooth the appearance of lines and wrinkles in order to give the skin a more lifted and firmer look. With continued nightly use, the product fortifies and strengthens skin’s protective lipid barrier by sealing in moisture. Aveda tulasra Wedding Masque Overnight, $65. Aveda tulasra Wedding Masque Overnight Eye, $55. La Pomponnèe Beauty Artisans, lapomponnee.com.
Philip Pelusi Salons offers great products for summertime haircare. Muriel Maze of Philip Pelusi fills us in on the items to purchase now at the salons or online:
1. P2 by Philip Pelusi Clarifying Shampoo Treatment, $25.95. Offering the perfect blend of technology-driven, clarifying ingredients, and hair-fortifying proteins and moisturizers, consider this to be your miracle in a bottle. Removing chlorine and minerals, it’s a must-have for swimmers and well-water exposed hair.
2. P2 by Philip Pelusi Potion, $26.95. Help to guard hair, scalp, and haircolor from the damaging effects of UVA and UVB rays by replenishing moisture and soothing the scalp. This product can be applied repeatedly for extra protection throughout the day while at the pool or beach with zero buildup and weight.
3. Tela Beauty Organics Beach Hair, $32. This USDA Certified Organic styling product creates sultry and sexy fresh-from-the-beach allure through its water-based formula and proteins, plus white tea, almond, and horsetail extract.
4. Tela Beauty Organics Guardian Angel Solar Hair Serum, $32. Through solar protective oils — quinoa, sunflower, Jamaican black castor, and sasha inchi — this serum provides a weightless, anti-aging barrier to shield tresses from daily stress and sun exposure.
Philip Pelusi Salons, Multiple Locations. philippelusi.com