By Rachel Jones
Photographs by Cayla Zahoran
Rob Cochran drives an Infiniti Q50. “It’s a great ride,” he says. The president and CEO of #1 Cochran is not alone, as Infiniti is the fastest growing luxury make in Pennsylvania. “Infiniti attracts the youngest audience for luxury cars, and the great thing is, the price of the car is far below what they expect,” says Cochran. “The brand has had good legs the last few years.”
Those legs have recently moved the Monroeville location to a temporary showroom in the North Hills. The permanent North Hills location will open in summer 2014, helping Infiniti fit in perfectly with the continuous growth in the area. “The brand is on the upswing,” says Cochran. “We’re just ecstatic about the future of Infiniti.”
My future with the 2014 Infiniti Q50 has me pretty excited, too. WHIRL Staff Photographer Cayla Zahoran, WHIRL photography intern Michael Fornataro, and I climb into the ruby ride and are met with the Infiniti InTouchTM Navigation System. The dual touch-screens display a map, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, apps, and access to multiple camera views. We can see what’s directly behind or in front of the car, as well as what’s hiding in the peripheral areas. Where was this when I was trying to parallel park for my driver’s test?
“Infiniti took all of the great things from the G37 sedan and transferred them up to the Q50, like the Power Handling, all-wheel drive, and cabin and infotainment technology,” says Shawn Kukic, executive manager of Cochran Infiniti of North Hills. A smooth, quiet ride was experienced as we cruised down the busy William Penn Highway.
With showrooms in the South Hills and North Hills, #1 Cochran is Western Pennsylvania’s exclusive Infiniti dealer, and the luxury brand has always ranked high in customer satisfaction. Aside from its Direct Adaptive Steering, we think the Infiniti Connection Convenience and Concierge services helped boost the ratings. For the first 48 months, Infiniti owners can rely on the Infiniti Personal AssistantTM 24/7 for anything from comparing prices on holiday gifts, to ordering a pizza.
I’ll take a large pepperoni. And a 2014 Infiniti Q50. Thanks.
#1 Cochran, 877.COCHRAN. cochran.com.
Starting Price: $39,405
- 3.7-liter V-6 engine
- 328 horsepower, 360 horsepower for the Hybrid and Sport models
- 290 lb-ft maximum torque
- 19 mpg city
- 27 mpg hwy
- 0-60 mph in 5.2 seconds
- 7-speed paddle shifters
- Infiniti Direct Adaptive Steering (Streamlines the steering mechanisms for more precise steering, and adapts to the environment.)
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and Blind Spot Intervention® (BSI) (BSW alerts the driver when a vehicle is in the car’s blind spot, and BSI helps bring the vehicle back to the center of the lane.)
- Predictive Forward Collision Warning (Estimates the speed and velocity of the two successive cars directly in front of the vehicle.)
- Back-up Collision Intervention (Signals visual and audible alerts when vehicles and objects are detected crossing behind the vehicle.)
- Intelligent Cruise Control (Limits use of braking.)